Official Rules for the Finding Miss 52 Contest
1. Eligibility: The Finding Miss 52 Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal female residents of the United States who were between 18-27 years old as of January 1, 2016. Employees of IMG Universe, LLC d/b/a The Miss Universe Organization (“Sponsor”), Sherri Hill, Inc., Ernst & Young, the FOX Network (“Network”), including without limitation any station or network owned and operated by Network, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible to enter. For full eligibility requirements visit here.
2. Agreement to Rules: By entering the Contest, you indicate your full agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions regarding the Contest, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements in these Official Rules in a timely manner.
3. Entry Process and Judging:
a. Round One: Between 1:00 PM ET on April 20, 2016 and 11:59 PM ET on May 2, 2016, post three (3) pictures or videos of yourself on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #FindingMiss52 and explaining why you should be the 52nd contestant.
b. Round Two: Sponsor will select entrants and invite them to complete an official entry form. To successfully submit the form, you will be asked to submit three (3) photos and an optional video and to explain in approximately two hundred (200) words or less why you should be the 52nd contestant. Submissions must be received between 1:00 PM ET on April 18, 2016 and 11:59 PM ET on May 2, 2016.
c. Judging: Sponsor will evaluate all entries submitted in Round Two according to the following Judging Criteria: (i) originality/creativity; and (ii) personality. Approximately twenty five (25) entrants will be Semi-Finalists.
d. Round Three: The Semi-Finalists will be contacted on May 3, 2016 and invited to submit a 30-second bio video and to participate in a five-minute Skype interview. The interviews will occur on May 6, 2016.
e. Judging: Sponsor will evaluate the Semi-Finalists according to the following Judging Criteria: (i) originality/creativity; (ii) personality; and (iii) interview. The ten entrants with the highest scores will be Finalists. Finalists will be required to submit to a background check to move to this stage. Each Finalist must authorize Sponsor to conduct a background check. Sponsor reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to disqualify a Finalist (i) if she does not provide the authorization or (ii) if, based on the results of the background check, Sponsor concludes that the Finalist will not be a good representative for the Miss USA pageant.
f. Voting: The ten (10) Finalists will be posted on www.missusa.com (the “Website”). Between 10:00 AM ET on May 10, 2016 and 6:00 PM ET on May 17, 2016 (the “Voting Period”), members of the public will be invited to vote for their favorite Entry on the Website or Twitter. There is a limit of ten (10) votes per account per day. To vote via Twitter, fans will have to tweet using #FindingMiss52 and a finalist specific hashtag. To vote via the Website, fans will need to authenticate via Facebook and then will be able to cast their votes via a voting module. The entrant with the most votes at the end of the Voting Period will be deemed the winner, subject to the following restrictions. Entrants may not attempt to obtain votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, by: (i) circumventing (or encouraging others to circumvent) the voting limits; (ii) using any automated system to vote; or (iii) offering any inducements to others in exchange for votes. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to reject any votes obtained through fraudulent or inappropriate means.
4. Sponsor’s Rights to Entries: All pictures, videos, and other content you submit as part of the entry process shall constitute a part of your Entry. By entering, you (a) irrevocably grant Sponsor, its agents, licensees, and assigns the unconditional and perpetual (non-exclusive) right and permission to reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, modify, create derivative works of, exhibit, and otherwise use your Entry as-is or as-edited (with or without using your name) in any media throughout the world for any purpose, without limitation, and without additional review, compensation, or approval from you or any other party; (b) forever waive any rights of copyrights, trademark rights, privacy rights, and any other legal or moral rights that may preclude Sponsor’s use of your Entry, or require any further permission for Sponsor to use the Entry; and (c) agree not to instigate, support, maintain, or authorize any action, claim, or lawsuit against Sponsor on the grounds that any use of the Entry, or any derivative works, infringes any of your rights as creator of the Entry, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademark rights, and moral rights.
5. Notification and Requirements of Potential Winners: Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winner on or about May 17, 2016. The potential winner will be required to execute the Official 2016 Miss USA Contract/Entry Form within 24 hours of prize notification. If the potential winner does not execute the form within 24 hours, she will forfeit the prize, and Sponsor may select an alternative potential winner based on the criteria described above.
6. Prize: One (1) winner will receive a trip to the host site of the Miss USA pageant to compete in the pageant. The prize includes: (a) round-trip coach class airfare for one (1) person from an airport close to her house to the destination city; (b) hotel accommodations (room and room tax only) for twelve (12) nights between May 25, 2016 – June 5, 2016; (c) three (3) meals per day during the trip; and (d) the opportunity to wear a competition gown provided by Sponsors during the pageant. The approximate retail value of the prize is Two Thousand Dollars ($2,000). The actual value of the trip will vary depending on various factors, including the date of booking, the point of departure, and the dates of travel. The winner is responsible for paying any income taxes and any and all other costs and expenses not listed above. The winner will be required to provide a completed W-9 form and all other documentation required by Sponsor on a timely basis. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsors, in their sole discretion. The prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. The winner may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize (or component thereof) with another prize (or component thereof) of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsors, in their sole discretion. If the winner cannot travel on the dates specified by Sponsors, she will forfeit the prize. Once travel documents are issued, travel arrangements cannot be changed.
7. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest; or (b) award the prizes according to the criteria set forth above from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment (with or without reference to the public votes). Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and seek damages from any individual who tampers with the operation of the Contest, violates these Official Rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
8. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Sherri Hill, Inc., Instagram, Twitter, Ernst & Young, Network, including without limitation any station or network owned and operated by Network, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest (including the voting process; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (c) errors with the Website, Instagram, or Twitter; (d) printing errors; (e) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (f) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of Entries; or (g) injury or damage to persons or property. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
10. Disputes: Except where prohibited, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in New York. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than New York.
11. Results: The winner will be posted on the Website on or about May 18, 2016.
12. Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by IMG Universe, LLC d/b/a The Miss Universe Organization, 1370 Avenue of the Americas, 16th floor, New York, NY 10019. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Twitter.