Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach will be coming home to the Philippines on January 23. Mrs Stella Marquez Araneta announced today the date.
Last December 21, Wurtzbach ended the country's 42-year drought in the international pageant after becoming only the third Filipina to win the crown during the coronation night held in Las Vegas.
Pia Wurtzbach in Central Park on January 5
"It's gonna be a holiday every day that she's here. I'm sure even people from the provinces will be coming," Araneta said in an exclusive interview with ABS-CBN News' Mario Dumaual.
"I'm really excited to return home because when I'm back in the Philippines, that's when I'll really feel that I won, that I've brought the crown back home," Pia Wurtzbach said.
Jan 23 SATURDAY
– 8:30 p.m. Arrival from Indonesia.
Jan 24 SUNDAY
– 6:00 p.m. Press Conference
Jan 25 MONDAY
– 9:00 a.m. Parade starts at Novotel Araneta.
– 10:00 a.m. Courtesy Call on QC Mayor Herbert Bautista Quezon Memorial Circle
– 11:00 a.m.Courtesy Call on Manila Mayor Joseph Estrada Rizal Park
– 1:30 p.m. Sofitel Philippine Plaza.
– 3.00 p.m. Motorcade Assembly at the Ayala Fire Station
– 4.00 p.m. Parade around Makati
– 5:00 p.m. Back at Novotel Hotel Araneta.
Jan 26 TUESDAY
– 10:00 a.m. Courtesy Call Congress
– 2:00 p.m. Charity Day
Jan 27 WEDNESDAY
– 10:00 a.m. Courtesy Call. Malacanang Palace
– 2:00 p.m. Rehearsals whole afternoon